Presents, trees, decorations, family and best of all… Christmas dinner and the desserts that come afterwards!
If you love brownies and candy canes, then you’ll love these super squishy, minty chocolatey (but not too chocolatey) treats! Perfect last minute bakes for the festive season.
185g unsalted butter
85g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
50g white chocolate
70g milk chocolate chips
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
2 candy canes
1. Pre-Heath the oven to 160 if fan assisted/180 if conventional or gas mark 4. Line a 20cm baking tin with grease proof paper or if you don’t have this, use a bit of extra butter to smear around the edges.
2. Cut the butter into smallish sized cubes and tip into a mixing bowl with the caster sugar and eggs.
3. Using a whisk, beat them together at medium speed until they look thick and creamy.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixing bowl. Gently fold them into the butter, sugar and eggs. You can whisk the mixture together, just be sure to not over whisk. Then pour in your chocolate chips and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared, ease the mixture into the corners of the tin and move the spatula from side to side across the top to level it. Put in the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
6. While your mixture is in the oven, crush up your candy canes and put them to one side.
7. When the 20 minutes is up, open the oven, pull the shelf out a bit and gently sprinkle on some of the crushed candy canes, then pop it back in the oven for the last 5 minutes.
8. Take out the brownie, if it wobbles in the middle, it’s not quite done, so slide it back in and bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Then once out of the oven sprinkle on the rest of your candy canes and leave to cool.
9. Once cooled, cut your brownies into small squares and enjoy they squishy goodness!